Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Luca Zago <za...@libero.it> on 2002/05/18 17:25:03 UTC

Pratically how to create a namespace

Hi,
I read all the documentation on the slide web site. I understood the
software architecture, but I find difficulties in unising it pratically
like user. For example if I want to create a simple namespace which maps a
directory in which I have some files. I would like simply define a
versioning, users and locking on this group of files, which are my data
repository. I understood that I have to create a Domain.xml, somewhere but
where? how to say the application to load it?
Can sombody suggest me pratically how to configure the system to build a
namespace with these files as data source?
Thank you very much in advance,

Luca

Re: Pratically how to create a namespace

Posted by Prabhakar Chaganti <pr...@chaganti.net>.
You cannot use existing files as a data source. Not without writing a custom
version of a FileContentStore that knows to load an existing filesystem. In
the current version of Slide, you need to add files to your store using a
webDAV client.

-prabhakar