Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Trevor Jenkins <tr...@suneidesis.com> on 2002/01/16 16:29:17 UTC

Re: [FOP] [FOP] Re: Any real-life business use ?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, ewitness - Ben Fowler <bf...@ewitness.co.uk> wrote:

> >... . This is all marked up according to the DocBook DTD and (for
> >contractual reasons) will be processed using the associated style sheets
> >created by Norm Walsh. At the moment this is looking like we have to use
> >the DSSSL stylesheets to create an RTF intermediary file and then distill
> >from that.
>
> I am fairly sure that DSSSL <URL: http://www.jclark.com/dsssl/  >
> (Jade <URL: http://www.jclark.com/jade/  >) can produce PDF directly.
> If not you can get there through TeX.

Know that.

> ... It may be of more concern to you
> that Jade and possibly DSSSL <URL: http://www.netfolder.com/DSSSL/  >
> are becoming obsolete.

As a past member of ISO/IEC TC1/SC18/WG8 that's a great source of sorry
to me.

> See also <URL: http://www.sgmltools.org/ >

I have all those.

> It should be possible to use XSL with the DocBook XML DTD, all the info
> is on the DocBook sourceforge site
> DocBook Book <URL: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/docbook/ >

In general this is not the case. The latest XSLT stylesheets for DocBook
conform to the most recent spec for FO. Whereas FOP is lagging someway
behind. i posted about this sometime before Christmas.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/ or http://www.bsl-march.co.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!