Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rick_tem <rv...@temenos.com> on 2019/01/03 15:33:14 UTC

Do elements with EternalExpiryPolicy in cache ever get evicted?

Hi,

I am on Ignite version 2.5, not using Ignite persistence, and I have some
data in a cache which I want to keep around in memory so I've set up an
EternalExpiryPolicy on the particular cache.  Will this stay in memory then
so my cache queries will work (provided I have enough memory)?  I really
don't want elements in this cache evicted.  I assume cache queries will not
work as anticipated if some elements are evicted and one is not using Ignite
persistence.

Thanks for your response,
Rick

RE: Do elements with EternalExpiryPolicy in cache ever get evicted?

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that’s how EternalExpiryPolicy works. You can achieve the same by just not using an expiry policy at all – Ignite doesn’t evict entries by default.

Stan

Re: Do elements with EternalExpiryPolicy in cache ever get evicted?

Posted by rick_tem <rv...@temenos.com>.
Hi,