Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by du...@msn.com on 2007/12/28 19:05:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Installing Smarty

As a PHP addition I downloaded Smarty-2.6.18.tar.tar. It requires installation but the install instructions assume a UNIX environment. I use Windows XP and tried to use the windows command install msiexec/i and got the message that the program to be installed was not a windows based application.

Can someone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Norman Snowden

Re: [users@httpd] Installing Smarty

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Sander Temme wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2007, at 10:05 AM, <du...@msn.com> wrote:
>
>> Can someone suggest a solution?
>
> <snarky>Yeah: install Linux.</snarky>
>
> But seriously, you may find more expertise on this on a PHP user
> mailinglist.  We tend to concentrate on the web server here.

Definately, since you'll require some hand-holding.  msiexec will
install only .msi files, which this isn't (by a long shot).

Re: [users@httpd] Installing Smarty

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Dec 28, 2007, at 10:05 AM, <du...@msn.com> wrote:

> Can someone suggest a solution?

<snarky>Yeah: install Linux.</snarky>

But seriously, you may find more expertise on this on a PHP user
mailinglist.  We tend to concentrate on the web server here.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org