Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2016/06/30 02:01:39 UTC

Can we remove proxy.config.http.parse.allow_non_http?

(This is discussed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-4405).

This option, proxy.config.http.parse.allow_non_http, allows the response parser to not require HTTP/n.m in the response. I don’t know when this is useful any more, likely this is a remnant from either old servers, or old protocols.

It is by default on (weird?), and is undocumented.

Now, the questions are:

1) Do we need to keep this option?

2) Is the default “1” actually reasonable? If we disabled it, what would we break? Anything?

3) If we removed the option, do we make the logic assume the current “1” behavior, or the “0” behavior?

Thoughts?

— leif

Re: Can we remove proxy.config.http.parse.allow_non_http?

Posted by Thomas Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 to removing (and setting default to 0)

If we get to the point of getting protocol plugins back (so that we can
support non-http) -- we should make this check pluggable per
protocol-plugin, but since that isn't whats happening-- we can just remove
this one.

Posted by Thomas Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.