Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by ankit jain <en...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/10 07:26:02 UTC

Unable to connect to MS Access using tomcat

I've installed j2sdk1.4.1 and tomcat.I'm tring to connect to MS Access but getting the error mess as no default driver specified.i've written the data source in odbc in DSN and also able to connect to MS Access using jsp programmes but not able to connect using servlet programmm what should i do

  Ankit Jain

---------------------------------

Re: Unable to connect to MS Access using tomcat

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Ankti,

Please post to a Tomcat list:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html

Thanks

Ortwin Glück

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Ian Darwin wrote:

> ankit jain wrote:
>> I've installed j2sdk1.4.1 and tomcat.I'm tring to connect to MS Access but
>> getting the error mess as no default driver specified.i've written the data
>> source in odbc in DSN and also able to connect to MS Access using jsp
>> programmes but not able to connect using servlet programmm what should i do
>>

> You should learn how to read the web page about what mailing list to use for
> what sort of problem.

This is the web page Ian is referring to:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html

with additional information for first time users at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

Tomcat is currently listed there as having moved to new mailing lists.

> And, You should learn how to send a problem report.

The following is the seminal piece on how to ask questions of an open
source community:

I strongly recommend giving it a read;

Hen

Re: Unable to connect to MS Access using tomcat

Posted by Ian Darwin <ia...@darwinsys.com>.