Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2003/11/02 02:41:08 UTC

[site] DwA + src location

Hola.

The xdoc version of Developing with Avalon (DwA) has been committed to
the avalon-sandbox/mavenized-site module.  The generated html has been
added to avalon-site/site.  Next time the site update cron job runs, it
should go live (we still have the cron job right?).

Question:  the xml source of the current site is still under the
sandbox, no?  Do we want to merge into the avalon-site module?  We
should be able to do so without disturbing the src files of the older
forrest-based site.  As long as the README is clear on how to generate
everything, I think it should be okay.  Objections?

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

Re: [site] DwA + src location

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

J Aaron Farr wrote:

>Hola.
>
>The xdoc version of Developing with Avalon (DwA) has been committed to
>the avalon-sandbox/mavenized-site module.  The generated html has been
>added to avalon-site/site.  Next time the site update cron job runs, it
>should go live (we still have the cron job right?).
>
>Question:  the xml source of the current site is still under the
>sandbox, no?  Do we want to merge into the avalon-site module?  We
>should be able to do so without disturbing the src files of the older
>forrest-based site.  As long as the README is clear on how to generate
>everything, I think it should be okay.

I would zip up the current avalon site content - stick it in an archive,
then replace the current content with the new content from sandbox.

>Objections?

None.

Steve.

--