Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Valentine Kouznetsov <vk...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/24 16:49:26 UTC

Axis ported to Solaris, please apply solaris patches

Dear Axis developers,
I successfully ported Axis to Solaris and verified
that my client code is working properly similar to
Linux. I've spent some time to figure out appropriate
options for Solaris platform which will allow Axis to
compile. I used Solaris 2.8, with native CC/cc C++/c
compilers. The compiler options was choosen to allow
global instantiation of templates.

Here they are:
CXXFLAGS=" -KPIC -xildoff -pta -instances=global "
CFLAGS="-DENABLE_AXIS_EXCEPTION -DENABLE_AXISTRACE"
CPPFLAGS="-DENABLE_AXIS_EXCEPTION -DENABLE_AXISTRACE"
LDFLAGS = "-Qoption ld -zmuldefs"
and need to be setup in configure.ac

I used libtool-1.5.8, autoconf-2.59, automake-1.9.1

All patches done wrt axis-c-src-1-2-linux (sorry I
just don't have time to test development release).
I also created SolarisDefs.hpp file similar to
LinuxDefs.hpp. I just copied content of endian.h and
LinuxDefs.hpp into SolarisDefs.hpp and it works (on
Solaris there is no endian.h).
Finally, I was need to rebuild libaxis_expat.so and
add there StartElement.o, Event.o, Element.o. It was
necessary to plug Axis into our 700+ package framework
(which is based on shared libraries). I did it
manually and need to verify if changes would be
necessary for Axis Makefile.am.

I hope you will accept my changes and include them in
CVS tree as well as in forthcoming release. I'll be
happy to test Axis in a future on Solaris when new
release will come.

Valentin.
P.S. The way we use Axis is to access Web Service
through our framework and legacy C++ application. No
tests done on the server side.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail