Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Anatol Pomozov <an...@epam.com> on 2004/01/28 13:06:34 UTC

Tests not passed (locale problem)

Hello Tapestry community,

I've just grabbed sources from CVS and tried to run 'dist' task.
But with no success. Test 'TestOutputEncoding' not passed.

     [java] There was 1 failure:
     [java] 1) TestOutputEncoding.xml(org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Request #1/Language Name: Response does not contain string 'Espa?a'.
     [java]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring(MockTester.java:659)
     [java]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions(MockTester.java:558)
     [java]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeAssertions(MockTester.java:410)
     [java]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeRequest(MockTester.java:228)
     [java]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.execute(MockTester.java:183)
     [java]     at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks.runTest(TestMocks.java:93)

I attach ant log file and logs\TestOutputEncoding.xml.err file.
TestOutputEncoding.xml.out is empty.

I've found that mock-scripts\TestOutputEncoding.xml contained
string Espa&#241;a but *.err file contains Espaёa (see attached files).

As you see they are differs in one symbol &#241 and ё (code F1=241)

Probably its a bug in testing framework, cause these words the same if
charset=ISO-8859-1

My locale is Russian, encoding Cp1251.
Windows 2K.
JDK build 1.4.2-b28.
Web server - Jetty 4.2.15 (I've also tested under Tomcat 5.0.16 - the same)

--
Best regards,
 Anatol