Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by FiMka <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/18 15:22:00 UTC

Solr optimistic concurrency update: version conflict

Hi, could you please help me to understand why I have such results for
optimistic concurrency update.

Say, I have the following document:

In solrconfig.xml:

In schema.xml:

Because I use SignatureUpdate, I can't use partial update requests
containing signature field (known Solr limitation). So I try to update the
documents with optimistic concurrency update.

According to the document  Optimistic Concurrency
<http://heliosearch.org/solr/optimistic-concurrency/>   if specify document
version on an update, then the presence of the _version_ field instructs
Solr to accept the update only if the document version matches exactly.
After the update has successfully completed, the document will have a new
_version_ that is guaranteed to be higher than the last.

If I send the update request (the /phrase/ field is changed) as follows:

I get the conflict error:

Why such results?