Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2004/11/03 11:05:22 UTC

[fulcrum-yaafi] Patches for fulcrum-yaafi 1.0.3-dev

Hi folks,

I fixed the following bugs in fulcrum-yaafi 1.0.3-dev

1) implementation not backward compatible to JDK 1.3.x
(ServiceComponentImpl.java)

cvs diff
src\java\org\apache\fulcrum\yaafi\framework\container\ServiceComponentImpl.java
(in directory W:\work\jakarta\jakarta-turbine-fulcrum\yaafi\)
src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/yaafi/framework/container/ServiceComponentImpl.java
RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/yaafi/src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/yaafi/framework/container/ServiceComponentImpl.java,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 ServiceComponentImpl.java
148c148
<                 throw new RuntimeException(msg,t);
---
 >                 throw new RuntimeException(msg);
206c206
<                 throw new RuntimeException(msg,t);
---
 >                 throw new RuntimeException(msg);
346c346
<                 throw new RuntimeException(msg,t);
---
 >                 throw new RuntimeException(msg);

2) the components were not properly disposed (ServiceContainerImpl.java)

cvs diff
src\java\org\apache\fulcrum\yaafi\framework\container\ServiceContainerImpl.java
(in directory W:\work\jakarta\jakarta-turbine-fulcrum\yaafi\)
src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/yaafi/framework/container/ServiceContainerImpl.java
RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/yaafi/src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/yaafi/framework/container/ServiceContainerImpl.java,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 ServiceContainerImpl.java
536c536
<
---

RE: [fulcrum-yaafi] Patches for fulcrum-yaafi 1.0.3-dev

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
But those of us who are Eclipse folks I think are locked in.. Although
lately I've been having no luck w/ patches via eclipse.. I'll try something
else..

Eric

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Ben Gidley <bg...@gmail.com> writes:

>Just to chip in I think at least 1/2 of the teams I know of working
>with Turbine are using Weblogic 7 and that insists on Java 1.3. I am
>not sure how many other people this would be true for. I personally
>think it is not really that much of an issue to move 2.4 towards 1.4 -
>but it would be good to keep any patches to 2.3 at 1.3 level.

>That being said all of those teams are moving towards 2.4/Antelope
>which using 1.4 features - so they will hav resolve the issue by
>upgrading weblogic.

Hi,

2.3.x will definitely stay JDK 1.3 compatible. If it is not, it would
be a bug.

Knowing that there are products out there that insist on a given JDK
version helps us to make such decisions.

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by Ben Gidley <bg...@gmail.com>.
Just to chip in I think at least 1/2 of the teams I know of working
with Turbine are using Weblogic 7 and that insists on Java 1.3. I am
not sure how many other people this would be true for. I personally
think it is not really that much of an issue to move 2.4 towards 1.4 -
but it would be good to keep any patches to 2.3 at 1.3 level.

That being said all of those teams are moving towards 2.4/Antelope
which using 1.4 features - so they will hav resolve the issue by
upgrading weblogic.

Ben

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:45:36 +0100, Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> wrote:
> I am pretty happy with setting the bar at Java 1.4.   Does anyone out there
> use 1.3 still?   I think espeically when we are adding new code, worrying
> about 1.3 doesn't seem to make sense.

Thanks

Ben

RE: [fulcrum-yaafi] Patches for fulcrum-yaafi 1.0.3-dev

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Well..   If you where a user I might not worry so much about it..  But,
since you wrote Yaafi, then I have a different attitude.  If you need 1.3
support in Yaafi, and wrote the darn thing, then I am happy to put the 1.3
stuff in.

Can you send a patch that takes into account my latest updates?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi folks,

--
Siegfried Goeschl

IT20one GmbH
Bandgasse 2/22
1070 Wien

RE: [fulcrum-yaafi] Patches for fulcrum-yaafi 1.0.3-dev

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Sigi,

I couldn't get these to apply..  Can you attach them as an attachment?  What
are you doing to create your diffs?  Also, can you add an entry to
/xdocs/changes.xml

Eric

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
I have applied the fix..  However, there is one more problem..  The method
on BaseUnitTest.release() doesn't do anything.  The only way to shut down a
compoent is to call dispose on the container, which ends up being a call to
tearDown..

I added a unit test to TestComponentTest to demonstrate the problem..  Often
in testing we want to shut down a component to see what happens...

On the plus side, the Disoposable method is now called, so I was able to
remove the hack in my BaseQuartzTestCase!

Eric