Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com> on 2001/06/11 15:25:42 UTC

[Patch] ContentAggregator not releasing resources

Hello everybody,

Why searching for the reasons of poor cache performance,
I found that ContentAggregator is not releasing event pipelines
in all cases. It does that only on errorless generate() calls...
If exception occur or cache is valid, pipelines are not released.

This patch solves that problem, but first Avalon's Excalibur must
be fixed to eliminate deadlock in DefaultPool implementation
(see my previous email).

Patch is attached.

Vadim

Re: [Patch] ContentAggregator not releasing resources

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
giacomo wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > You are 100% right!
> >
> > Do not forget to put latest Avalon - or you will get deadlock in the DefaultPool.
>
> Uh, should I wait until Avalon beta4 is out?

I am testing an upgrade now that will allow you to set pool sizes for the
individual components.  Once done, I will commit the current build.  Since
this really only affects a few users right now (namely Cocoon).  I want to
get some more docs in Beta 4 for the official release.

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
You are 100% right!

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.