Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/19 13:01:27 UTC

How can component containers convert messages to XML with SDO?

Over on IRC yesterday we started talking about getting at the WSDL details
for JavaScript/E4X components but ran out of time and I said I'd post a
follow up email.

JavaScript/E4X components need the message as XML not Java objects, so the
JavaScript container needs to use SDO is serialize the message payload
objects to XML. To do that SDO requires things like XML type names and
namespaces. This works in WS entryPoints and externalServices as the WS
binding has the WSDL details, but components just have the Java service
interface.

Maybe if interface.wsdl could be used to define a the component interface
this would be easier but that doesn't work right now, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-141, and even when that is
fixed how would the JS container get the relevant WSDL names for a message
as all the service interface stuff is kept in the Java form?

I expect other component types like BPEL or XSLT would have the same
problem. As a side issue, ideally with a WS entryPoint wired to an E4X
component the message would contain the XML not the Java objects, but it
doesn't sound like that will happen for this next release

   ...ant