Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2003/07/16 15:12:29 UTC

xsp to generate html page with different encoding?

hi

I want to have a xsp to render a html page containing a form. The character
encoding of the page (presumably this will affect the form as well) is
determined by a external parameter, e.g. a request param saying something
like "en", use english character set or something...

How would I do that? I have some Strings coming back from my database and
the database strings are already in UTF-8. So would that page automatically
convert that into the encoding that I want when I do
<expr>myStringValue</expr> in the final output page?

Any help would be appreciated.

AT

Join us at Cognos' biggest event of the year Enterprise 2003, The Cognos
Business Forum.  Taking place in over 25 cities around the world, it's an
opportunity for Business and IT leaders to learn about strategies for
driving performance. Visit http://www.cognos.com/enterprise03 for more
details.