Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Frankie Woodruff <ba...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/28 19:29:13 UTC

trouble installing ant

Hello, I'm new to ant and having trouble getting it installed.
Please bear with me...... When I try to install, it says it can't find the
build.xml file. It didn't come in the files I downloaded from Apache.......
I'm a bit confused and I could really use a hand. I'm trying to write
screensavers in Java and I have to use/understand ant to do so. The docs for
ant are not very clear to someone at my level. I'm not a total newb, but I'm
definitely missing some pieces!
So if anyone has some patience  :O)

--javapup

Re: trouble installing ant

Posted by Angeshwar Deepak <an...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

First unzip and and put it in a directory.
say f:\ant-1.5

Then set the classpath settings for it.
A simple example is-just simply copy paste these in
cmd prompt. (consider java to be installed in f:\)

SET PATH=f:\java\bin;f:\ant-1.5\bin;
set JAVA_HOME=f:\java
set ANT_HOME=f:\ant-1.5
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin;

Check if java and ant are there
by simply typing
f:\javac
f:\ant -version

You should see the ant version. If you see it then the
installing is perfect. Now u can go to any directory
and run the corresponding build file. by callinf the
target or the build file itself.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.