Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Laura Morales <la...@mail.com> on 2017/04/18 12:09:28 UTC

riot not triggering ERROR on bad IRI

This is the RDF/XML: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hivemind/hivemind2/trunk/doap_Hivemind.rdf

The command `riot --quiet --output=nt xxx.rdf > xxx.nt` creates the .nt file with the following 2 invalid triples (objects' IRI have a space). No ERRORs risen.

_:B4f7ecd79X3A15b80f07bfbX3AX2D7ffe <http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#location> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hivemind > .
_:B4f7ecd79X3A15b80f07bfbX3AX2D7ffe <http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#browse> <http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/hivemind > .

The command `riot --verbose --stop --validate xxx.rdf` also doesn't rise any ERROR, only a WARN

WARN  riot :: [line: 2, col: 35] {W119} A processing instruction is in RDF content. No processing was done.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Re: riot not triggering ERROR on bad IRI

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 18/04/17 18:53, A. Soroka wrote:
> Did you use the --strict flag?

Won't help.

It's a issue specific to RDF/XML. Strictly, spaces are legal.

!!!!

RDF/XML did not get revised at RDF 1.1 so RDF 1.0 rules apply.

It emits "RDF URI References" which were a guess at where IRIs were
going, but at the time it looked as if space would be legal. That didn't
happen; RDF 1.0 is locked to "RDF URI References". We can usefully
change that.

RDF/XML is a completely separate parser. It does it's own URI resolution
and error reporting.  Simple driving the output through the whole of the
RIOT pipeline will be expensive as it will re-parse IRIs - and IRI
parsing is a significant cost to a parser.

space is - probably - the only character involved.

     Andy

Posted by Laura Morales <la...@mail.com>.
> Did you use the --strict flag?

Thank you, this seems to work.

Re: riot not triggering ERROR on bad IRI

Posted by "A. Soroka" <so...@gmail.com>.
Did you use the --strict flag?

---