Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> on 2008/03/10 16:37:35 UTC

Send response to temporary queue gets stuck after 3900 sends

hi. I am using activemq 5.0.0 broker embedded in spring. I use temporary
queues.
After calling jmsTemplate.convertAndSend exactly 3990 times, the response
will get stuck and not
be delivered. No exception or error is shown. it just gets stuck for no
apparent reason.

Does any one have any ideas what to do?

Re: Send response to temporary queue gets stuck after 3900 sends

Posted by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com>.
Producer uses: auto ack -
queueSessionSend = queueConnection.createQueueSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

Posted by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com>.
Great. It looks like it solved the problem.
However, I see that the memory still increases gradually where I would
expect it to stay as is. Looks like some kind of memory leak.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
What acknowledgement mode are you using?

On 10/03/2008, Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> wrote:

>  hi. I am using activemq 5.0.0 broker embedded in spring. I use temporary
>  queues.
>  After calling jmsTemplate.convertAndSend exactly 3990 times, the response
>  will get stuck and not
>  be delivered. No exception or error is shown. it just gets stuck for no
>  apparent reason.
>
>  Does any one have any ideas what to do?

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Send response to temporary queue gets stuck after 3900 sends

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12 Mar 2008, at 05:41, Michal Singer wrote:

> Hi. After increasing the memory limitation of the broker, the 3900 has
> increased to about 5610. this may show some kind of memory leak with
> the
> Active MQ broker on my opinion.
> Please keep in mind that i am using mostly temporary queues which are
> deleted all the time, so the memory should be released.
>
> Can any one help me with this problem??
>

> Michal Singer wrote:
>>
>> hi. I am using activemq 5.0.0 broker embedded in spring. I use
>> temporary
>> queues.
>> After calling jmsTemplate.convertAndSend exactly 3990 times (Using
>> different temporary queues to reply to different producers), the
>> response
>> will get stuck and not
>> be delivered. No exception or error is shown. it just gets stuck
>> for no
>> apparent reason.
>>
>> Does any one have any ideas what to do?

Use the 5.1 SNAPSHOT - its got some fixes for Queue dispatching -
which should fix this

cheers,

Rob

Re: Send response to temporary queue gets stuck after 3900 sends

Posted by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com>.
Hi. After increasing the memory limitation of the broker, the 3900 has
increased to about 5900. this may show some kind of memory leak with the