Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Josh Holtzman <jh...@berkeley.edu> on 2009/09/22 09:31:05 UTC

WebApplicationException not found by DOSGi

For some reason, cxf-dosgi-ri-dsw-cxf-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar has stopped starting
up.  Has something changed in the last couple of days?  FWIW, the JSR311
bundle is running:

[  40] [Active     ] [    2] Apache ServiceMix Specs :: JSR311 API 1.0
(1.3.0)

Thanks,
Josh

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
cxf-dosgi-ri-dsw-cxf [47].
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1506)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:779)
    at
org.apache.felix.shell.impl.StartCommandImpl.execute(StartCommandImpl.java:105)
    at
org.apache.felix.shell.impl.Activator$ShellServiceImpl.executeCommand(Activator.java:291)
    at
org.apache.felix.shell.tui.Activator$ShellTuiRunnable.run(Activator.java:177)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
javax/ws/rs/WebApplicationException
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSHttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(JaxRSHttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler.java:76)
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator.checkExistingServices(Activator.java:151)
    at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator.start(Activator.java:81)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:589)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1458)

RE: WebApplicationException not found by DOSGi

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Hi Josh

I've done a clean build of the DOSGI trunk, and tested both multi and
single distributions. For a multi one I did :

java -jar plugins\org.eclipse.osgi_3.5.0.v20090520.jar -console
-configuration\dosgi_conf

then installed a greeter_rest interface bundle and then an impl one
(updated Activator to use HTTP Service and a '/my' context) and it
worked ok. A single bundle distribution was also ok.

Can you please run Equinox with a '-clean' flag and do a clean trunk
build after updating it ? Note I'm running Equinox on Windows but it
should not make a difference.
If the problem still persists then may be you can try to do

1. mvn eclipse:eclipse in the dosgi trunk and import the generated
projects into a workspace
2. start Equinox with

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

And then in your workspace start a remote debugging session and add a
breakpoint to JaxRSHttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler...Perhaps it can
help.
But I'm hoping that cleaning the Equinox cache can solve this issue...
Let me know please if you can make it working

Thanks, Sergey

Posted by Josh Holtzman <jh...@berkeley.edu>.
If I start the multi bundle distribution without any of my code, everything
starts up just fine.  The moment I deploy a bundle with this activator, I

  }
[...]

org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSHttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(JaxRSHttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler.java:100)
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
    at
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)
    at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:164)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException
    at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.checkResources(AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.java:226)
    at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:77)

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.

Posted by Josh Holtzman <jh...@berkeley.edu>.