Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 01:18:23 UTC

A blog post about Stanbol and the Semantic Web

Hey guys, I thought some of you might find this interesting and/or have some
insightful feedback.  I just wrote a blog post responding to a guy who said
"the semantic web has failed", and I cited Stanbol as part of my explanation of
why he's wrong.

http://fogbeam.blogspot.com/2013/11/dominiek-ter-heide-is-dead-wrong.html

I also say that I think Stanbol might be the most important OSS
project of all, which is something I believe may well be true.
Anyway, any feedback or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Re: A blog post about Stanbol and the Semantic Web

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.
It's also interesting to see the synaptic web that Dominiek talks about in
his blog post.
I think it's more into streaming of data and without semantic web, you
cannot extract meaningful information/semantics from those data streams..

Why do you think this? I assume there is slower moving and faster moving
information. Large streams and smaller streams. So this would depend on
technology and resources.
I think there is another important dimension to this.
You use the word 'meaningful' but this issue is what is meaningful and how
long does it remain meaningful.
Meaningful should mean some organising principal based upon which actions
are taken. That organising principal could be a financial profit point.
That does not cover all dimensions of meaning though.
Quickly judgements have to be made as to what is truly of profit to people,
or at least what may be of profit, aside from financial motivations. What
I'm pointing out is that the latter is an indifferent and blind driver.

Adam

Posted by Dileepa Jayakody <di...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the detailed information Phil.

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dileepa Jayakody <di...@gmail.com>.
Very nice blog post.