Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Brett Schenker <bs...@salsalabs.com> on 2012/10/17 16:08:55 UTC

Nested Tables Bringing back 4.0 Score

This cropped up a few months ago, but I can't find the discussion on the
group, but looks like Nested Tables are again causing a score of 4.0 or
more for email blasts and returns the rule, "4.0 JM_SOUGHT_3 Body contains
frequently-spammed text patterns."

Is this an updated valid rule or did we revert to some earlier version of
SpamAssassin?

I'm telling folks to break up the html pattern with a comment, but it's
definitely causing headaches this morning.

Brett Schenker
Salsa Labs

Re: Nested Tables Bringing back 4.0 Score

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 10/17/2012 10:08 AM, Brett Schenker wrote:
> This cropped up a few months ago, but I can't find the discussion on
> the group, but looks like Nested Tables are again causing a score of
> 4.0 or more for email blasts and returns the rule, "4.0 JM_SOUGHT_3
> Body contains frequently-spammed text patterns."
>
> Is this an updated valid rule or did we revert to some earlier version
> of SpamAssassin?
>
> I'm telling folks to break up the html pattern with a comment, but
> it's definitely causing headaches this morning.

The JM_SOUGHT rules are a separate channel maintained outside the
project.  You might not find them appropriate for your uses.

Regards,
KAM