Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "D'Orto, David" <DO...@Bluestone.com> on 2000/12/11 22:29:40 UTC

Sample Struts App

Howdy,
	I would like to contribute a sample storefront application using
struts.  I need some input on what anyone thinks would be useful for it to
do.  My thoughts right now are that it would allow a user to login to the
site, browse a small catalogue, add items to a shopping cart and then check
out.  Any thoughts?

Dave

RE: Sample Struts App

Posted by Ray Power <rp...@bigfoot.com>.
Hi John,

I looked at the download link. Unfortunately, 5x37M zips would kill my (UK
based) connection.
Any chance of zipping up the "SilverBooks" demo and emailing it?

Cheers,
Ray

RPOWER@bigfoot.com

RE: Sample Struts App

Posted by "Rousseau, John" <JR...@silverstream.com>.

RE: Sample Struts App

Posted by Ray Power <rp...@bigfoot.com>.

Re: Sample Struts App

Re: Sample Struts App

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@unix.amherst.edu>.
Jim Richards wrote:
> Someone on the user list mentioned the use of the j_username/j_password,
> and I've seen quite a bit of reference to using the Java security mechanism
> for the servlet engine/struts. Are there any references to this,
> how it should work and how to code for it?

Yep; see the servlet 2.2 specification and look for the section on Web
Applications.

Cheers,
Laird

--
W: laird.nelson@time0.com / P: ljnelson@unix.amherst.edu
http://www.amherst.edu/~ljnelson/

Re: Sample Struts App

Posted by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org>.
> If you do it, could you make it work with the J2EE j_username/j_password
> form-based-login screen so there can exist at least one sample
> application in the world that shows the proper way to handle logins and
> access control?  :-)

Someone on the user list mentioned the use of the j_username/j_password,
and I've seen quite a bit of reference to using the Java security mechanism
for the servlet engine/struts. Are there any references to this,
how it should work and how to code for it?

Thanks

Re: Sample Struts App

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@unix.amherst.edu>.
"D'Orto, David" wrote:
> Any thoughts?

If you do it, could you make it work with the J2EE j_username/j_password
form-based-login screen so there can exist at least one sample
application in the world that shows the proper way to handle logins and
access control?  :-)

Happy to help with this if you like.

Cheers,
Laird