Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/02/05 23:42:54 UTC

RE: question about load-on-startup

I have a servlet which i want to load on startup. I have added the necessary
line in thw
web.xml file. This servlet reads a porperty file. I added this info as
prams(name-value)
in web.xml. However nothing seesms to be happening when i start tomcat.
How do i check if the servlet has been loaded ?? What could be the problem.
I am trying to use Tomcat in the standalone mode. Could this be an issue ??
Any help is appreciated.
Srini

You can always use some good old-fashioned debug output to figure out
where there's a problem.  Check your logs to see if you're getting a Unable
to load Servlet message at startup if not put some debugging output in your
servlets' init() method and catch some Exceptions as well to see what
exactly is going on.

Sorry to sound like a bit of a nag but can people please stop posting to the
list in HTML
and simply use plain text.  Just my personal preference...;P

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com