Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by MarshallB <ma...@lmco.com> on 2014/09/19 20:24:34 UTC

Error deploying derby jar into OpenEJB enabled Karaf

Hello everyone,
 I have installed OpenEJB into Karaf as outlined here:
http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Error-deploying-EJB-in-WAB-into-Karaf-tp4035266.html
<http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Error-deploying-EJB-in-WAB-into-Karaf-tp4035266.html>
I am able to deploy an EJB War to Karaf and it deploys correctly.
Now I am trying to deploy the rest of our code to Karaf and I am having
problems. As a simplified case, I am only deploying the derby-10.8.1.2.jar
into the OpenEJB enabled Karaf and several issues arise. Before we installed
OpenEJB into Karaf, our code would deploy into Karaf without incident:
First, Karaf starts up, then shuts down and then starts up again but it
doesn't start the shell.init.script correctly:

After this is done, four of the Karaf Bundles change Status from Active to
Installed:
  <http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/n4035406/Capture.png>
There are no errors in the karaf.log about what just happened.

If I now try to deploy the EJB War, I get these errors in the karaf.log and
the War does not deploy:

Any ideas on how to deploy the derby jar along with the EJB War?
Thanks.
Marshall B.