Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aditya Rajgarhia <ad...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/16 21:14:54 UTC

Tomcat + WebDAV

Hi,

I installed tomcat5 on a Debian Linux machine to test WebDAV. I can see the
files at http://server:8180/webdav but unfortunately I cannot write to it. I
tried several clients: internet explorer, gnome nautilus, konqueror.
Konqueror gives the following error: "A resource cannot be created at the
destination until one or more intermediate collections (folders) have been
created."

I did uncomment the required lines in the web.xml file (setting "readonly"
to false). So I don't know what the problem is. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Aditya

Re: Tomcat + WebDAV

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Aditya Rajgarhia wrote:
> I did uncomment the required lines in the web.xml file (setting "readonly"
> to false). So I don't know what the problem is. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

This works for me with IE and the latest 5.5.x code. Did you restart
the webdav webapp after changing the web.xml file?

Something else to try is ieHTTPHeaders. It works with webdav as well
as standard web pages. It should give you a better idea of what is
going wrong.

Mark