Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au> on 2008/01/21 15:49:58 UTC

[M3 issue] extended type on ROP

There might be a packaging problem.
org.apache.cayenne.access.types.ExtendedType is not in the client ROP
jar, but it will be required on the client for any attributes which
implement an extended type. It isn't used directly on the client, so
maybe some sort of stub would do the trick?

Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: [M3 issue] extended type on ROP

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Actually I'd suggest that the type itself does not implement
ExtendedType, then you avoid all this trouble:

class FooType {

}

class FooExtendedType implements ExtendedType {

}

Andrus

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yes, this is packaging, as we filter out the entire "access" package
and subpackages. But why would you want an ExtendedType on the client?

Andrus