Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Martin G. Skjæveland" <m....@gmail.com> on 2020/03/03 11:55:39 UTC

Introduce Model.createTypedResource ?

Hi,

ModelCom has the following createResource methods:

Resource createResource()
Create a new anonymous resource whose model is this model.

Resource 	createResource(AnonId id)
Create a blank node resource with a specified identifier.

Resource 	createResource(Resource type)
Create a new anonymous resource with a given type.

Resource 	createResource(String uri)
Create a new resource associated with this model.

Resource 	createResource(String uri, Resource type)
Create a new resource with a given type.

I incorrectly used createResource(Resource) to create a resource in my
model. No big deal this, but may I suggest to rename

Resource 	createResource(Resource type)
Resource 	createResource(String uri, Resource type)

to createTypedResource to avoid confusion?

The reason I use createResource(Resource) to create the Resource "in my"
model is that I need to as(Property.class) cast it, which this gives me
a UnsupportedPolymorphismException if the resource exists without a
model. Now I use createResource(Resource.toURI())

Martin

Re: Introduce Model.createTypedResource ?

Posted by "Martin G. Skjæveland" <m....@gmail.com>.
It is! Thanks!

Martin

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.