Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Ronald I. Nutter" <ro...@georgetowncollege.edu> on 2004/08/19 17:17:05 UTC

Mailgrep perl script problem

When trying to run the mailgrep.pl script, I get the following error -

[root@SA bin]# mailgrep.pl
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
[root@SA bin]#

I looked at the script and nothing stands out as a problem.

Suggestions ?

Ron

Re: Mailgrep perl script problem

Posted by Mário Gamito <ga...@netual.pt>.
Hi,

Sorry for the silly question.
Is the purpose of this software to allow people when they receive a SPAM
message that is not marked as such, to forward it to spam@foobar.com and
then run SA learn over that messages without compromising the address of
the forwarder ?

Regards,
Mário Gamito

Re: Mailgrep perl script problem

Posted by Glenn Jackman <gl...@ncf.ca>.
On 2004-08-19 11:17, Ronald I. Nutter wrote:
> When trying to run the mailgrep.pl script, I get the following error -
>
> [root@SA bin]# mailgrep.pl
> : bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> [root@SA bin]#
>
> I looked at the script and nothing stands out as a problem.
>
> Suggestions ?

Try invoking it as:  ./mailgrep.pl

I think this is a shell issue and has something to do with . in your $PATH

Or perhaps the shebang line has DOS line endings (\r\n) and you're on a
unixy system?

--
Glenn Jackman
NCF Sysadmin

Re: Mailgrep perl script problem

Posted by Nick Oliver <nw...@internetsecurityguru.com>.

Re: Mailgrep perl script problem

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:17 AM 8/19/2004, Ronald I. Nutter wrote:
>[root@SA bin]# mailgrep.pl
>: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>[root@SA bin]#
>
>I looked at the script and nothing stands out as a problem.
>
>Suggestions

Look at the shebang at the top of the file. i.e.:

         #! /usr/bin/perl

Does that file exist as an executable?