Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 17:14:38 UTC

JS and CSS package references

So I am trying to do the package resource reference thing.
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/adding-javascript-or-css-using-a-resource.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/including-css-resources.html

However, I am clearly not doing it right.  The URLs rendered look like:

<script
src="resources/gov.usdoj.afms.shared.wicket.ext.grid.ExtGrid$1/ExtGridSupport.js"
type="text/javascript">
<link
href="resources/gov.usdoj.afms.shared.wicket.ext.grid.ExtGrid$1/extjs.css"
type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

These are broken links in the browser.

I tried putting a package reference in front of them and that just prepends
the package in front of the slash befor ethe file name, but it also does not
work.  My code is:

                  response.renderJavascriptReference(new
PackageResourceReference(this.getClass(),
                              /*this.getClass().getPackage().getName() +*/
"ExtGridSupport.js"));
                  response.renderCSSReference(new
PackageResourceReference(this.getClass(),
                              /*this.getClass().getPackage().getName() +*/
"extjs.css"));

The resources (js and css files) are in the same package as the invoking
class.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Re: JS and CSS package references

Posted by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com>.
Ack.  You were right.  I was doing it in an anonymous class.  I thought I was
in ExtGrid itself.  Changing it worked.  Thanks folks.

Re: JS and CSS package references

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <
reiern70@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That's exactly what i am doing.  Notice the comment marks /* and */
> around
> > the package stuff.  I tried it both ways.  And "this" in this case is
> > ExtGrid.java.  So I am also sending in that class.
> >

> I think the URLs are telling you this.getClass() !=  ExtGrid.class. Can you
> paste whole panel code?

Exactly!
Note the '$1' in the class name. This means the class is an anonymous class
in ExtGrid.
Just use ExtGrid.class instead of this.getClass()

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend

Re: JS and CSS package references

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Assuming

ExtGridSupport.js
extjs.css

sit next to ExtGrid class just do

 response.renderJavascriptReference(new PackageResourceReference(
ExtGrid.class,"ExtGridSupport.js"));