Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/05/23 15:14:48 UTC

committer trouble deploying plugins

Can any other committer deploy any plugins to the server?
I am having trouble. The dtdx plugin changed the other day when
its jars were moved from the core, but it wasn't deployed.

The first time that i run 'tools/ant/bin/ant deploy' there
are a heap of "already under version control" messages.
The second time it is run, i get 'svn add' errors.

--David

Re: committer trouble deploying plugins

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> I think it is all to do with there being subsequent deployments, or it
> could be to do with the newly added docs uploading. I'll do some
> investigation when I get the time.

:-)

I reckon that it is the latter, because i was doing subsequent
deployments okay before the addition of the docs deployment.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Can any other committer deploy any plugins to the server?
>>>I am having trouble. The dtdx plugin changed the other day when
>>>its jars were moved from the core, but it wasn't deployed.
>>>
>>>The first time that i run 'tools/ant/bin/ant deploy' there
>>>are a heap of "already under version control" messages.
>>>The second time it is run, i get 'svn add' errors.
>>
>>The plugins have been deployed by you (see SVN commit mails).
>

> Yeah, i saw that and became even more confused.
>

>>The output you are seeing appears to be a result of the way that the SVN
>>ANT tasks work. I've never tried to debug it as I have got used to it.
>>However, it is clearly misleading. Perhaps we need to raise an issue.
>

> This is strange, because it didn't happen to me a couple of weeks
> ago when i was developing the dtdx and listLocations plugins.

I think it is all to do with there being subsequent deployments, or it
could be to do with the newly added docs uploading. I'll do some
investigation when I get the time.

Ross

Re: committer trouble deploying plugins

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.