Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ricardo Tercero Lozano <rt...@isoco.com> on 2003/07/15 21:06:05 UTC

How to serialize repository.xml

I've readed than OJB can be configured
(through OJB.properties file) to use a serialized
version of repository.xml file. That's fine, but...
how can I get a serialized version of this file?

cannot find it in docs.

thanks,

Ricardo.

Re: How to serialize repository.xml

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Ricardo

Ricardo Tercero Lozano wrote:
> I've readed than OJB can be configured
> (through OJB.properties file) to use a serialized
> version of repository.xml file. That's fine, but...
> how can I get a serialized version of this file?

If you turn on useSerializedRepository=true
OJB will automatically serialize the repository if no serialized version
of the repository exists.
So just turning on this flag will do the whole trick!

Of course you can also write a serialized version of the repository
programmatically by
using the org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryPersistor.

cheers,
Thomas