Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/02 11:50:24 UTC

checkout from several modules?

Hi guys,
I'm using the following scripts for checkouting from CVS,
<scm>
    <connection>
        scm:cvs:pserver:user:passwd@host:port:repository:module
    </connection>
</scm>
then I run "mvn scm:checkout".
But the approach only checkouts one module.
Now I want to checkout several ones?
How can I get it?

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang

Re: checkout from several modules?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I don't believe this is directly possible in Maven, though I certainly
could be wrong.

I think other projects generally create a batch script or similar
which calls CVS checkout repeatedly. For example, here's the CVS
checkout for Project Glassfish which is actually an Ant target:

    <target name="checkout">
        <echo message="Checking out GlassFish Modules"/>
        <!-- FIXME: change delimiter from "," to " " in
dependency.order variables
        <cvs failonerror="true"  tag="${glassfish.cvstag}"
            dest="${glassfish.root}/${glassfish.cvs.project}">
            <commandline>
                <argument line="-d ${glassfish.cvsroot} update -d
${glassfish.build.dependency.order}"/>
            </commandline>
        </cvs -->

         <cvs cvsRoot="${glassfish.cvsroot}"
                 tag="${glassfish.cvstag}"
                 failonerror="true"
                 package="${glassfish.cvs.project}/activation
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/mail
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/deployment-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/transaction-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/servlet-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/ejb-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/persistence-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/connector-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/management-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/jms-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/jacc-api
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/common-util
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/annotation-framework
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-commons
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/entity-persistence
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/jmx-remote
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/admin-core
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/jts
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-jstl
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/pwc-commons
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-webtier
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/webtier-extensions
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/jacc-provider
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/container-auth
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-core
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-http-engine
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-docs
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/admin
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/admin-cli
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-addons
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/jdbcra
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/cmp
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/tools
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/avk
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/admin-gui
                 ${glassfish.cvs.project}/appserv-native"
                 dest="${glassfish.root}"/>
    </target>

Wayne