Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com> on 2018/02/22 18:19:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Allowing Java 8 features in Sentry

Hello Sentry hackers,

We are now compiling Sentry with Java 8. I would like to propose allowing
Java 8 features in Sentry code. As of now it is difficult to enforce strict
Java 7 compatibility, so we may just as well embrace the reality and start
using Java 8 which hopefully will improve the quality/readability of the
code.

Any thoughts on this?

- Alex

Re: [DISCUSS] Allowing Java 8 features in Sentry

Posted by Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <kk...@cloudera.com>.
+1 on the proposal.

-Kalyan

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1 with me.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Allowing Java 8 features in Sentry

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
It sounds good to me.

Posted by Stephen Moist <mo...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Na Li <li...@cloudera.com>.