Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by anand sridhar <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/23 01:58:00 UTC

Question on Posting a List in a JAX-RS service

Hi,
Im using CXF 2.2.9 to develop RESTful services and I have a couple of
questions on exposing a service that accepts a collection.

1, my method accepts a List<Attribute> object as argument.
              Attribute.java is a custom object with an id and value as
parameters.

I have annotated my method with @POST since the List is going to be posted.

Now, i want to tell my clients who consume this service on how to send the
request. Is there any standard way in which they can send over the data.
More specifically, Im interested in knowing if there is any standard way in
which a client send over this list.

I have read that CXF provides support for List<String>, but is there any
support for List<CustomDataType> as well. ?

Thank you.
Anand