Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Johannes Graumann <jo...@web.de> on 2007/02/28 16:08:07 UTC

Newbie: Looking for XML/XSD/RelaxNG OSS Editor

Dear all,

This newbie with very little XML experience but big plans is looking for a
Linux XML editor that will support aided XML Schema creation and aided XML
Schema dependent XML File creation (would accept the same RelaxNG based as
well). I have had a trial look at oxygen and like what I saw, but prefer
something OSS.
I'd appreciate if anybody could help.

Joh

Re: Newbie: Looking for XML/XSD/RelaxNG OSS Editor

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Have you looked at Eclipse?  In particular:

- New builds include the WTP - web tools project - which has a bunch
of XML Schema-aware XML editing tools,  pretty nifty for manual editing.

- Alternately, the EMF project in the Eclipse Modelling Project lets
you programmatically or builder-wise build and use schemas or models
of various types.  It's pretty complex to get started with, but there
is a lot of power there.

- Shane