Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by iberck <ib...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/10 05:06:55 UTC

show/hide a zone from javascript

Hi !!

Anyone knows how can I show/hide a zone from javascript?

Thanks in advance

Re: show/hide a zone from javascript

Posted by iberck <ib...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Taha, your response are useful for me :D

Re: show/hide a zone from javascript

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

If you want to show/hide at the client side, you can just use the
style.display property of an element(Element.show()/Element.hide() in case
you are using prototype).

In case you want an ajax call to do it at the server side, you will have to
create an event link(ComponentResources.createEventLink())  and then use its
event handler to show or hide the zone contents. You will have to pass a
flag to the link from client side which the event handler will use to decide
whether to show or hide the contents.

At the server side you can use an <t:if> tag to show or hide the contents

regards
Taha