Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Ivan St. Ivanov" <iv...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/16 14:33:50 UTC

Exposing RESTful web services from WEB-INF/lib

Hi folks,

I have the following case. I am developing a simple web application, which
is empty for the moment, but contains a jar that exposes RESTful web
services via JAX-RS. Here is the structure:

- actuator.jar: contains class extending javax.ws.rs.core.Application as
well as a class annotated with @Path and containing a method annotated with
@GET
- actuator.war packages actuator.jar in WEB-INF/lib and apart from that is
empty

The source code is here:
https://github.com/ivannov/javaee-actuator/tree/split

I deployed this into TomEE 7.0.1 Plume and when I tried to access my
RESTful resource, I got 404. I don't see anything in the catalina log. And
these are the application deployment messages form the console:

INFO - Enterprise application
"/opt/apache-tomee-plume-7.0.1/webapps/actuator" loaded.
INFO - Assembling app: /opt/apache-tomee-plume-7.0.1/webapps/actuator
INFO - Deployed
Application(path=/opt/apache-tomee-plume-7.0.1/webapps/actuator)
INFO - At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable
debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned
but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can
improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
INFO - Deployment of web application archive
/opt/apache-tomee-plume-7.0.1/webapps/actuator.war has finished in 1,808 ms

The same works fine in Wildfly 10. It works OK on TomEE as well when
actuator.jar is actually a war and deploy it directly.

Do I have to do anything special in order to make resources packaged in
WEB-INF/lib discoverable in TomEE?

Thanks,
Ivan

Re: Exposing RESTful web services from WEB-INF/lib

Posted by "Ivan St. Ivanov" <iv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the hints, Soro and Romain!

But I decided to just rename my artefact :)

Cheers,
Ivan

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
Romain,

has an option to override the excluded jars? :)

--
Daniel Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Exposing RESTful web services from WEB-INF/lib

Posted by "Ivan St. Ivanov" <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.