Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bernhard D Rohrer <gr...@sm-wg.net> on 2007/03/04 21:06:56 UTC

xslt problem with subversion vhost

Hi folks

I have setup a subversion vhost and at the mo I am getting an xsl error

Error loading stylesheet: A network error occured loading an XSLT
stylesheet:

I know that this has been discussed before and indeed when i try to
access it directly I am getting a 404

I just dunno where to put the file. I am having a strong feeling that I
am barkign up the wrong tree with my DocumentRoot but can't quite figure
out what would be correct :/

thanks

Bernhard

<VirtualHost *:80>

     ServerAdmin webmaster@graylion.net
     ServerName svn.domain.tld
     DocumentRoot /var/lib/svn/shop
     HostNameLookups On

     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/svn.error.log

     # alert, emerg.
     LogLevel warn

     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/svn.access.log combined
     ServerSignature On

         <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                 RewriteEngine On
                 RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} svn.domain.tld [NC]

                 RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$

                 RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://svn.domain.tld/$1 [R=301,L]

         </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
     ServerAdmin yyy
     ServerName svn.domain.tld
     DocumentRoot /var/lib/svn/shop
     HostNameLookups On

     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/svn.error.log

     # alert, emerg.
     LogLevel warn

     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/svn.access.log combined
     ServerSignature On
     SSLEngine on
     SSLCertificateFile sss
     SSLCertificateKeyFile sss

#    <Directory "/var/lib/svn/shop">
#        SSLRequireSSL
#    </Directory>

     BrowserMatch "Opera" xsltfilter

     ExtFilterDefine xslt mode=output enableenv=xsltfilter
intype=text/xml outtype=text/html cmd="/usr/bin/xsltproc
/var/lib/svn/shop/svnindex.xsl -"

     <Location "/">
         DAV svn
         SVNPath /var/lib/svn/shop
         SVNAutoVersioning On
         SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"
         SVNPathAuthz off
         SetOutputFilter xslt
         AddDefaultCharset utf-8
         AllowOverride None
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from *
         AuthType Basic
         AuthName "Graylion SVN Server"
         AuthLDAPEnabled On
         AuthLDAPURL xxx
         AuthLDAPAuthoritative ON
         Require valid-user
         Require group ou=trac,ou=groups
     </Location>

     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/svn_logfile "%t %u %{SVN-ACTION}e"
env=SVN-ACTION

</VirtualHost>

--
Graylion's Fetish & Fashion Store
Goth and Kinky Boots, Clothing and Jewellery

Re: xslt problem with subversion vhost

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 4, 2007, at 15:06, Bernhard D Rohrer wrote:

> I have setup a subversion vhost and at the mo I am getting an xsl
> error
>
> Error loading stylesheet: A network error occured loading an XSLT
> stylesheet:
>
> I know that this has been discussed before and indeed when i try to
> access it directly I am getting a 404

Under what URL do you get a 404?

> I just dunno where to put the file. I am having a strong feeling
> that I am barkign up the wrong tree with my DocumentRoot but can't
> quite figure out what would be correct :/
[snip]
>    DocumentRoot /var/lib/svn/shop
[snip]
>         SVNPath /var/lib/svn/shop

If /var/lib/svn/shop is your SVNPath (is where your repository is),
then you can set your DocumentRoot to anything you like, so long as
it is *not* that same path /var/lib/svn/shop. Create a new directory,
anywhere, in which to put your non-Subversion items. However:

>     <Location "/">
>         DAV svn
>         SVNPath /var/lib/svn/shop
> [snip]

You have asked for the entire URL space to be mapped into the
repository. That means there is no URL for which Apache will look
into your DocumentRoot, so you may as well set it to /var/empty or
whatever your system provides that is equivalent.

>         SVNAutoVersioning On
>         SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"

So to get this to work, you will need a file svnindex.xsl committed
to the root path of your repository.

>     ExtFilterDefine xslt mode=output enableenv=xsltfilter
> intype=text/xml outtype=text/html cmd="/usr/bin/xsltproc /var/lib/
> svn/shop/svnindex.xsl -"

I don't know what all this is. I'm guessing it converts Subversion's
xml/xslt output to html for the browser, which would be very cool,
but I just haven't seen it before. Do you still see the problem if
you omit this line?