Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shailesh Modi <sh...@cisco.com> on 2004/02/09 12:43:55 UTC

Compile errors :Building jetspeed examples

Hi All,
 I am very new to jetspeed and really interested to learn this. Actually I
am trying to build examples as instructed in jetspeed tutorial given in
www.bluesunrise.com.
 I have downloaded jetspeed-1.4-war file from jetspeed site.

Steps taken
1. Downloaded jar file from
http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/jportal.jar
2. expanded jportal.jar in my system
3. modified build.properties file as per my system (setting jetspeed home
etc)
4. tried to run ant tasks (eg ant deploy, ant war, ant tutorial-all)

 The problem is that build is getting failed in compile task. I have tried
to fix those error but it is failing consistently in compile only.
 I am wondering that why compile task is failing because if classpath
mentioned is correct, then java source files for examples should get
compiled. There seems to be error in java source files itself.

 Please guide me if I am doing something wrong. Any pointers would be
appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Shailesh

RE: Compile errors :Building jetspeed examples

Posted by Shailesh Modi <sh...@cisco.com>.
Hi ,
 Thanks for the reply.
 Earlier I had modified build.properties
(D:\Jetspeed\jportal\torque3\build.properties )
to set torque.useClasspath to 'false'  ,
 because with original setting (torque.useClasspath = true) I was getting
errors :

file:D:/Jetspeed/jportal/torque3/build-torque.xml:198: The <torque-sql> task
doesn't support the "useclasspath" attribute.

 If I set this useClasspath to false then ant task fails at compile to not
find BaseCoffees classes.

 Is there any problem with ant version of my system. Its 1.5.4

 Pls let me know where am I doing wrong.

Thanks a lot
Shailesh

Posted by Stijn de Witt <St...@chello.nl>.
See below for comments

Posted by Shailesh Modi <sh...@cisco.com>.
Hi,
[...]

D:\Jetspeed\jportal\src\java\com\bluesunrise\jportal\om\CoffeesPeer.java:13:
ca
nnot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class BaseCoffeesPeer
    [javac] location: package om
    [javac]     extends com.bluesunrise.jportal.om.BaseCoffeesPeer
    [javac]                                       ^
    [javac]
D:\Jetspeed\jportal\src\java\com\bluesunrise\jportal\modules\actions\portlet
s\T
utorialCoffeesAction.java:101: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable COFFEE_ID
    [javac] location: class com.bluesunrise.jportal.om.CoffeesPeer
    [javac]                 criteria.add( CoffeesPeer.COFFEE_ID, rowid);
    [javac]                                          ^
    [javac]
D:\Jetspeed\jportal\src\java\com\bluesunrise\jportal\modules\actions\portlet
s\T
utorialCoffeesAction.java:102: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method doSelect (org.apache.torque.util.Criteria)
    [javac] location: class com.bluesunrise.jportal.om.CoffeesPeer
    [javac]                 List coffees = CoffeesPeer.doSelect(criteria);

Posted by karthikeyan <ka...@email.unc.edu>.
Here is the mistake:

=============================
 portlet_app_name=myjportal
 company=com.shail.jportal
========================

--
M. Karthikeyan, Ph.D., Scientist
 _|      _|    _|_|_|  _|

Posted by Shailesh Modi <sh...@cisco.com>.
Hi ,
 Thanks for ur suggestions.
 my comments below.

Thanks
Shailesh
Zensar technologies
Pune-1

Posted by karthikeyan <ka...@email.unc.edu>.
Jportal should work !!!

My suggestion is build using source of Jetspeed, with flexibility.

Steps for NOVICE:
1) Did you succeed with Jetspeed alone?
2) Did you follow EXACT procedure to compile and run JPORTAL? (pl. note
that it is modified for
new version of jetspeed including latest CVS!)
3) what about: Jetspeed.jar

#