Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Rahul Ravindran <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/14 02:52:53 UTC

Flume hops behind HAProxy

Hi,
   Before I try it, I wanted to check if there were any known issues with this. We will have multiple flume agents sending an Avro stream each to a smaller set of intermediate flume hops. Are there any issues/concerns around having the flume agents send their streams to an HAProxy which will round robin between the different flume hops. Any issue around the transaction mechanism with this setup?

I know that there is a selector mechanism in Flume to do this, but our operations extensively use HAProxy, and are most familiar with it.

Thanks,
~Rahul.

Re: Flume hops behind HAProxy

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
That will probably work. From my earlier mail:

"I assume it would be connection based round robin?  Might work just
fine, but probably best to the use built-in support."

Posted by Rahul Ravindran <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Rahul Ravindran <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Camp, Roy" <rc...@ebay.com>.