Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/08 08:56:01 UTC

[VOTE] geronimo 2.2 release (2nd try)

I've managed to come up with a 2nd 2.2 release candidate built using
the maven-release-plugin.

This includes Kevan;s fixes of source headers and a warning removal.

See the jira issues here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10220&styleName=Html&version=12312965

Staged to

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-043/

The main artifacts up for vote are the source release archives

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-043/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.2/geronimo-2.2-source-release.tar.gz
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-043/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.2/geronimo-2.2-source-release.zip

If you vote you should at least examine these and make sure something
plausible builds from them.

[  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
[  ]  0 no opinion
[  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)

Many thanks
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] geronimo 2.2 release (2nd try)

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Jason and I also ran the jaspic tck (which is separate from the javaee
tck).  After a little reconfiguration the servlet profile tests all
pass.

I'd like to call the vote soon, if you would like to vote please do so
soon.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Here's my +1.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
Ashish Jain wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Somehow the links of the staging repository are not accessible. Are
> you able to access the links?
Try this one:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-043/

For some reason, this link is going to the -024 version, not the -043
version in David's email.

Rick

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

Ran Tomcat assembly on my Mac with JDK 1.6 and a couple small samples.

-Donald

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I'm still not happy about the README & RELEASE_NOTES missing from the
assemblies ... so I was kinda hoping some other more critical problem
was found so that we could include these on a re-spin :-) .  However, I
don't think it makes sense to stop the vote for just that so here is my
+1.

Everything else I checked looked good.

Joe

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.
Lin Sun wrote:
> +1 able to start, stop the server, visited admin console and verified
> a few link function okay.
>
> Thanks for pulling together this release David.  I visited the jira
> list, it contains hundreds of items!

Indeed, that's an impressive list!  Lots of good stuff in this release.
Congrats!

Bill

Re: [VOTE] geronimo 2.2 release (2nd try)

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 able to start, stop the server, visited admin console and verified
a few link function okay.

Thanks for pulling together this release David.  I visited the jira
list, it contains hundreds of items!

Lin

Re: [PASSED] Re: [VOTE] geronimo 2.2 release (2nd try)

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

> The plugins have to be rebuilt for 2.2, as the CAR files include references
> to 2.2-SNAPSHOT, which the released 2.2 server doesn't include aliases
> for....  Once the 2.2 server artifacts have been replicated to the mirror
> repos, I'll update the openjpa2 plugin and publish new snapshots and update
> the XML file.
>
> David, can you update the XML file for geronimo-2.2?
>
> Maybe Ivan or someone else will have time to look at the Samples.

I will look at the Samples.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by frapien <fr...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
You can compare it to the 2.1.4 files located here for reference:
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.1.4/

I took a quick look.  Things looked fairly similar to what we included
in previous releases.  Missing from your setup were the LICENSE, NOTICE,
and RELEASE_NOTES.  I'm not sure how critical the LICENSE & NOTICE are
... but it doesn't hurt to include them.  I think the RELEASE_NOTES are
important because they are typically included in a reference from the
download page.  I know I sound like a broken record here but I think
this is really important with 2.2 because the RELEASE_NOTES are not
included in the assembly images.  I would personally recommend to
include the README in this location as well with a link from the
download page for similar reasons with 2.2.

I thought I had a script I used for previous release but I can't find it
at the moment.

One more thing - At one time there were storage issues on the dist
server and so we were asked to keep just the most important releases at
that location and update all other references on the download pages to
the archive.  Now that 2.2 is being added we should consider removing
2.1.3 leaving only 2.2 and 2.1.4.

Joe

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I've waited long enough.

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

I built the server from the source tar and was able to deploy and run my
app (includes EJBs, JPA, messaging, JSPs).

Jay