Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2007/03/01 06:25:44 UTC

RE: create[8005]: java.net.BindException: error occured whilestartingtomcat on Ubuntu Plateform

> From: hetal [mailto:hetal.malaviya@cignex.com]
> Subject: RE: create[8005]: java.net.BindException: error
> occured whilestartingtomcat on Ubuntu Plateform
>
> I have checked on my machine only one tomcat is running and I
> have also tried netstat command it is not listing 8005 port.

Do you have a firewall installed that might be blocking the port?  Or
has it been disabled or rerouted with iptables?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: create[8005]: java.net.BindException: error occured whilestartingtomcat on Ubuntu Plateform

Posted by hetal <he...@cignex.com>.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: hetal [mailto:hetal.malaviya@cignex.com]
>> Subject: RE: create[8005]: java.net.BindException: error
>> occured whilestartingtomcat on Ubuntu Plateform
>>
>> I have checked on my machine only one tomcat is running and I
>> have also tried netstat command it is not listing 8005 port.
>
> Do you have a firewall installed that might be blocking the port?  Or
> has it been disabled or rerouted with iptables?
>
>  - Chuck

I have figured out my problem.

I don't have entry in my routing table for lo interface.

With the use of this command
route add -net 127.0.0.0 gw 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0 dev 10
I have set lo interface.

now my tomcat is running fine.

Thanks
Hetal