Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com> on 2012/09/04 17:54:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0 released

The Apache Jackrabbit community is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Jackrabbit OCM version 2.0.0 at 10/Jul/12 and my apologies for
this way too late announcement.

The release is available for download at:

    http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html#Downloads-ocm

See the full release notes below for details about this release.

Release Notes -- Apache Jackrabbit OCM -- Version 2.0.0

Introduction
------------

This is Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0, a subproject of Apache Jackrabbit

Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0  is a release that contains fixes and
improvements over Jackrabbit OCM 1.5. Apart from the test classes, it
does not depend on Apache Jackrabbit core, but only on the JCR 2.0
specification

Changes since Jackrabbit 1.5
------------------------------
Improvements
    [OCM-49]    ObjectContentManagerImpl should not use workspace move
but rather do it through the jcr session
    [OCM-51]    Replace itemExists and getItem logic in
ObjectConverterImpl and ObjectContentManagerImpl to nodeExists and
getNode
    [OCM-43]    Reviving OCM framework with Jackrabbit 2.x
    [OCM-52]    Replace inefficient
ObjectContentManagerImpl#getObjects(Class objectClass, String path)
path ....
    [OCM-58]    Make OCM jackrabbit independent and rely on JCR 2.0 only
    [OCM-54]    ObjectContentManagerImpl should not use workspace copy
but rather do it through the jcr session
    [OCM-55]    Replace commons logging LogFactory with slf4j LoggerFactory

Bug fixes
    [OCM-53]    Fixes needed to work with latest jr 2.4.1 tag
    [OCM-50]    AnnotationDescriptorReader in case of a @Collection
annotation incorrectly ....
    [OCM-48]    DefaultCollectionConverterImpl should take nodetype
into account for doInsertCollection ....
    [OCM-42]    OCM Versioning is not working as expected
    [OCM-33]    Running the tests without "mvn clean" provides errors
    [OCM-45]    ReflectionUtils.implementsInterface() only checks one
interface and returns
    [OCM-40]    Doesn't compile with jackrabbit 2.0.0
    [OCM-59]    Run all unit tests against an in memory repository and
extend from AbstractJcrTestCase
    [OCM-34]    referential integrity problem due to
ObjectContentManagerImpl usage of ObjectCache
    [OCM-44]    getObjectByUuid throws exception instead of returning
null as described in javadoc

New features

Tasks
    [OCM-56]    Remove UserTransactionImpl tests for transactions from
OCM project
    [OCM-1]     Move jackrabbit-ocm to JCR Commons
    [OCM-57]    Cleanup exceptions that are outdated or not needed any more

In addition to the above-mentioned changes, this release contains all
the changes included up to the Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0 release.

For more detailed information about all the changes in this and other
Jackrabbit OCM releases, please see the Jackrabbit OCM issue tracker
at

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OCM

Release Contents
----------------

This release consists of a single source archive packaged as a zip
file. The archive can be unpacked with the jar tool from your JDK
installation. See the README.txt file for instructions on how to build
this release.

The source archive is accompanied by SHA1 and MD5 checksums and a PGP
signature that you can use to verify the authenticity of your
download. The public key used for the PGP signature can be found at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/dist/KEYS.

About The Apache Software Foundation
------------------------------------

Established in 1999, The Apache Software Foundation provides
organizational, legal, and financial support for more than 100
freely-available, collaboratively-developed Open Source projects. The
pragmatic Apache License enables  individual and commercial users to
easily deploy Apache software; the Foundation's intellectual property
framework limits the legal exposure of its 2,500+ contributors.

For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit OCM 2.0.0 released

Posted by Will Scheidegger <wi...@mac.com>.
We saw that. Cool stuff. Thanks!

-will