Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bob Obringer <bo...@adaptrex.com> on 2012/10/14 00:04:59 UTC

Custom Component Id Other than Class Name

I've created a library of custom Tapestry components and have been unable to figure out how to use an ID other than class name to reference those components.

The library I'm creating is part of a much larger framework and as such I have requirements for class names.  These names are not what I would like to use for the component ID and I've searched everywhere for a way to customize the ID.

I assume the answer I'm looking for will be "no it's not possible" or "yes, here's a simple solution" but have been unable to find that answer.

Thanks,

Bob Obringer

Re: Custom Component Id Other than Class Name

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
If you knew what you were doing, you could decorate the
ComponentClassResolver. Warning: experts only ;)
I suggest you download the tapestry sources and take a look at
ComponentClassResolverImpl before attempting this.

Re: Custom Component Id Other than Class Name

Posted by Dragan Sahpaski <dr...@gmail.com>.
I guess it's possible that you put components into different "virtual
folders"/packages and then make different library mapping names for
them.
http://tapestry.apache.org/component-libraries.html#ComponentLibraries-Step4%3AConfigurethevirtualfolder

Cheers,
Dragan Sahpaski