Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Brandon Domonoski <bd...@microautomation.com> on 2022/10/20 01:04:03 UTC

Latest TomEE 8 & Netbeans 15 IDE

Hello,

I'm sure this is probably a misunderstanding on my part, but I've just installed the latest TomEE 8 package and I'm having issues with Netbeans projects.

From what I understand the latest TomEE 8 is a Tomcat 9 instance with necessary Java EE 8 standard libraries pre-packaged.
I can install and run the TomEE 8 server fine, as well as add it as a Web Server to my Netbeans 15 IDE, but then when I try to create a Java Web Application my only Java EE Version options are:

  1.  Java EE 7 Web
  2.  Java EE 6 Web
  3.  Java EE 5

What am I missing here?
How can a brand new instance of Apache TomEE 8 Server somehow not be recognized as supporting Java EE 8 applications in an Apache IDE?

Again I'm sure this will end up being a a stupid misunderstanding on my part, but I just do not understand how an apache Tomcat server designed purely to meet Java EE 8 standards is not recognized as meeting said standards.. by an IDE also made by Apache.
Is this Ant specific? Maybe JDK specific?

I've tried Oracle JDK 1.8.0_202, the latest Oracle JDK 1.8.0, OpenJDK 11, and OpenJDK 17.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Brandon Domonoski<ma...@microautomation.com>  |  Software Developer
O: 703-543-2134  | F: 703-543-2099  | M: 570-267-7604
5870 Trinity Parkway, Suite 600, Centreville, VA  20120
[cid:image001.png@01D8E3FE.50FA2A00]<http://www.microautomation.com/>

Notice: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.

Re: Latest TomEE 8 & Netbeans 15 IDE

Posted by Tichov Zoltán <ti...@falconsoft.hu>.
Hi Brandon!

I know a workaround, create the application with "No server" selected
and Java EE 8 Web type at "Run" properties.

When the application created you can change the appserver to TomEE 8 and
the app will run fine.

Zoltán

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brandon,