Posted to commits@xalan.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/11/06 05:21:05 UTC

[Xalan Wiki] Update of "ReportPages" by shathaway

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xalan Wiki" for change notification.

The "ReportPages" page has been changed by shathaway:
http://wiki.apache.org/xalan/ReportPages?action=diff&rev1=4&rev2=5

   * David Bertoni is stepping down as Xalan PMC chair.

-  * Email Reference Required
+  * Steven J. Hathaway is now the official Xalan PMC chair.

-  * Apache Board to be notified
+ '''Apache XML Project is now retired '''

-  * Apache Infra to be notified
+ The XML project was the parent for Xerces and Xalan projects.  The historical
+ dependencies of our Java and C++ projects have been re-hosted under our own
+ Xalan TLP directory.  The old product releases are still located in the
+ Apache (archives) for Apache XML.  New product releases will be submitted to
+ our own Xalan TLP directory.  Links on our old website pages (re-hosted) still
+ have access to the archives for historical releases.

- '''Apache XML Project is being retired '''
+ '''Xalan C++ (version 1.11) was released November 2, 2012'''

+  * Binary distributions are available for the Windows platforms.
- The XML project was the parent for Xerces and Xalan projects.  Our last
- dependency on the XML project tree is being removed.  The (mirror)
- distributions for the old XML projects is being removed.  The (archive-dist)
- for the old XML projects will remain.

- Our website pages have been updated so that the (mirror) for Apache XML projects
- can gracefully disappear.
-
- ''Question?'' Is there a need to copy some XML Project (mirror) distributions
- to the (dist)/xalan/... directory tree?
-
- Since the downloads we need are available from the Apache archives and the
- current Xalan subversion repositories; our (dist)/xalan/... tree for (mirror)
- replication can be dedicated for new and patch releases of our projects.
-
- '''Progress is moving forward on an official release for Xalan-C (Version 1.11).'''
-
-  * Builds have been confirmed for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris platforms.
+  * Builds have been confirmed for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, AIX, and Solaris platforms.

   * Build has reported successful for OpenBSD 5.1
-
-  * Builds for AIX are being prepared for testing.

   * Help is needed for Mac OS X platforms