Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jennifer Jones <je...@polk.com> on 2005/02/15 19:37:55 UTC

[BeanUtiils] recursion of describe

I'm trying to take a DTO, convert it to a hashmap of String/String pairs
which can then be read back into a hashmap and use
BeanUtils.populate(dto, map) to reconstruct the object.  Are there any
BeanUtils or PropertyUtils methods that will automatically handle
arrayed, mapped and nested properties or is this something I need to
write myself?  The describe method doesn't go far enough.  I would like
a method that gives something back like
{name=MyName, zipCode[0].state=MI, zipCode[0].zip=48335,
zipCode[1].state=MA, zipCode[1].zip=01860}
so that it can be stored in a database and read back into the DTO using
BeanUtils.populate.

Thanks,
Jennifer

This message has originated from R.L. Polk & Co.,
26955 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48034

R. L. Polk & Co. sends various types of e-mail
communications. If this email message concerns the
potential licensing of a Polk product or service, and
you do not wish to receive further emails regarding Polk
products, forward this email to Do_Not_Send@polk.com
with the word "remove" in the subject line.

The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.

If you have received this email in error please delete this
message and notify the Polk System Administrator at postmaster@polk.com