Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "M.Makar Azer" <m2...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/26 16:56:09 UTC

[users@httpd] checkinstall error

I am using checkinstall to instll httpd2 from the source code but I ma getting this error message everytime i execute checkinstall

libtool: install: error: cannot install `libaprutil-1.la' to a directory not ending in /user/local/apache2/lib
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/username/Desktop/software/httpd-2.2.0/srclib/apr-util'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/username/Desktop/software/httpd-2.2.0/srclib'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

**** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

I am using FC5

Thanks

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] checkinstall error

Posted by "M.Makar Azer" <m2...@yahoo.com>.
I really didn't know that using CAPS means i am shouting - I oppologize if i offended any one of you all

Paul <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:  Oh, it has all to do with solving problems.

The answer to one's problems is directly proportional to one's caps lock key.

If the caps Lock key is depressed and one types in capital letters, once's problems take a lot longer to be solved.

How does this work? I hear you ask.

Very simply.

Typing in capital letters denotes shouting. No one likes to be shouted at.

Here's a quick guide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

I suggest you learn it quickly and all your problems will seem so far away.

  On 4/26/06, M.Makar Azer <m2...@yahoo.com> wrote:    NO, ITS NOT ..Y? WHAT DOES THAT HAS TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Paul < paul.kain@gmail.com> wrote:   Is your caps lock key broken?

  AM I IN THE RIGHT MAILING LIST? HELP WITH APACHED INSTALLATION OR IS THIS AN ADVANCED MAILING LIST FOR ADVANCED USERS

  THATS ALL LARRY

Larry Flathmann <ma...@elrancho.com.mx> wrote:
  Calm down - nobody on this list is getting paid to help you. And being
rude and demanding hurts your cause a lot more than it helps.

You would probably get a lot more help if you told us that you had
investigated the error message and needed some help understanding what
you had found.

M.Makar Azer wrote:
> Isn't this mail list for HELP WITH APACHE INSTALL OR WHAT??
>
> */"M.Makar Azer" /* wrote:
>
> I am using checkinstall to instll httpd2 from the source code but
> I ma getting this error message everytime i execute checkinstall
>
> libtool: install: error: cannot install `libaprutil- 1.la' to a
> directory not ending in /user/local/apache2/lib
> make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/username/Desktop/software/httpd-2.2.0/srclib/apr-util'
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/username/Desktop/software/httpd-2.2.0/srclib'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> **** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.
>
> I am using FC5
>
> Thanks
> Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. Get it on your phone .

  How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Re: [users@httpd] checkinstall error

Posted by Paul <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M.Makar Azer" <m2...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Paul <pa...@gmail.com>.