Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by 29djeo <29...@michaelstarkie.com> on 2004/01/09 00:00:41 UTC

[users@httpd] name-based virtual hosting with DNS web forwarding

I am trying to serve two domains, mydomain1 and mydomain2, on a single machine by running an instance of apache and two instances of tomcat with mod_jk in between.

I've got things set up so that when I point a browser at http://www.mydomain1.com or http://www.mydomain2.com I always get the DocumentRoot defined for the first VirtualHost entry in httpd.conf (mydomain1).

My DNS manager uses web-forwarding so that requests for either domain get sent to the same ipaddress:port  so that requests for http://www.mydomain1.com and http://www.mydomain2.com both get mapped to http://192.168.2.101:8081.

I suspect that http requests to both domains are identical and that's why I'm getting the "default" virtual host's DocumentRoot (mydomain1).

How do you get around this problem?

-or-

How do I get the apache logger to dump the http requests so I can look at the http header and request parameters to confirm?

thx,
Mike