Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alexandros Karypidis <ak...@yahoo.gr> on 2010/04/24 17:08:43 UTC

Beginner: Pre-select value on RadioChoice component using compound model

Hi,

I'm using the RadioChoice component on a form with a
CompoundPropertyModel. I'd like the form to come up witn a specific
radio option selected. So I try:

         RadioChoice<Sex> sexRadio = new RadioChoice<Sex>("profile.sex",
Arrays
                 .asList(Sex.values()));
         sexRadio.setChoiceRenderer(new SexChoiceRenderer());
         sexRadio.setDefaultModelObject(Sex.FEMALE);

But I get:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to set model object
on null model of component: profile.sex
     at
org.apache.wicket.Component.setDefaultModelObject(Component.java:3033)

Re: Beginner: Pre-select value on RadioChoice component using compound model

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
your profile object is null

-igor