Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/15 15:53:46 UTC

ssl-forwarding filter not working in IE 6

Hi : I have following code for automatic ssl-forwarding filter:

public void doFilter(ServletRequest servletrequest, ServletResponse
servletresponse, FilterChain filterchain)
        throws IOException, ServletException
    {
        String s = servletrequest.getScheme();
        if( !s.equalsIgnoreCase("http") )
        {
            //System.out.println( "Normal filter Operation----" );
            filterchain.doFilter(servletrequest, servletresponse);
        }
        else
        {
            HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse)servletresponse;
            HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)servletrequest;

            //System.out.println( "currPort: "+request.getServerPort() );
            String url = "https://" + request.getServerName();
            //System.out.println( "currUrl: "+url );
            url = url + ":" + PORT;
            //System.out.println( "currUrl: "+url );
            url = url + request.getRequestURI();
            //System.out.println( "currUrl: "+url );
            String queryStr = request.getQueryString();
            if( queryStr!=null )
                url = url + "?" + queryStr;
            //System.out.println( "currUrl: "+url );
            response.sendRedirect(url);
            return;
        }
    }

This works perfectly in Firefox.  However, IE just sits there till it
throws me a "page cannot be displayed".  If I directly type secure
url, e.g., https://domain.com/siteAdd, it works in IE as well, but IE
just cannot seem to forward it to the secure url from the plain url.
Any suggestions?

Re: ssl-forwarding filter not working in IE 6

Posted by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com>.
But still the question remains is this some sort of bug in IE?

Posted by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com>.
Actually,

Posted by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com>.
I  disabled my filter and have tried this way, once again works with
Firefox but not with IE, exact same results.

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.